Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sample sales

Sample sales are a shopper's dream come true. Nothing (other than second hand) can even come close to these babies. I recently came across the website I Love Sample Sales and it has transformed my shopping experience.

I'm new to the Sample Sale scene but I already have some favourites. The Dakota Group sample sales host gorgeous designer wear and generally at 50% off the wholesale price. I would note that this summer Dakota hosted two sample sales where the second contained much of the same items as the first but with more of a discount. The good thing about going early to these sales is access to the designer bags and jewelery...they seem to be the first to go.

Another favourite sale is the Gary O'Doherty Shoe Sample Sale. Just picture a gymnasium full of the most beautiful shoes you have ever seen! Unfortunately this sale caters to individuals with feet sizes between 5 and 7 (womens) and 9 and 10 (mens). When I went they did have one table dedicated to us "plus size in feet" people and though the selection was limited the quality was unbeatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment